Centro Latino's Family Services program was established to help meet the increasingly diverse needs of the growing Latino population of Pierce County. Although there is an emphasis on serving the Latino community, Centro Latino’s services are available to any individual or family in need. Approximate 150 individuals and/or families from throughout Pierce County receive services each month. The Family Service program strives to provide clients with services that allow them to address their basic needs, provide them with the information necessary to successfully adapt to life in Washington State, and encourage the growth and development of their families.
Family Services Available at Centro Latino
- Advocacy – Provides information, support, and assists individuals and families in accessing community resources that best meet their needs. Advocates on behalf of clients to ensure adequate provisions of services.
- Case Management – Provides comprehensive case planning, information, and linkages with other service providers: medical, housing, legal, DSHS…Case management services are designed to assist clients with meeting multiple needs in a longer period of time.
- Sexual Assault Support & Advocacy – Trained Sexual Assault advocates provide victims with immediate crisis intervention services, safety planning, assistance facilitating the paperwork for a protection order, linkages to emergency shelters, referrals to therapy, and a Spanish language victims’ support group. Call for more information.
- Orientation to the various laws and systems in place within Pierce County and the state of Washington.
- Assistance filling out forms and applications.
- Translation of birth and marriage certificates from Spanish to English.
- Notary Public (By appointment only. All clients must provide official proof of identification)
- Various letters.
- Parenting classes in Spanish.
- Various classes and activities offered.
- Applications for benefits (L&I, disability, insurance, DSHS)
- Section 8 and other housing/rental applications
- School Enrollment
- Marriage Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Permission to travel letter with minor children
- Letter to landlord regarding notification to vacate
- Change of address letter